WCREW is managed by a Board of Directors that works together to set and accomplish the Chapter’s strategic goals—helping to advance the success of women in commercial real estate. Serving on the WCREW Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for leadership and networking among other ambitious men and women working in the commercial real estate field. All WCREW Board members, directors, and committee chairs serve individual terms of 3 years.
Wisconsin CREW Board of Directors
Reasons to Serve
- Increased visibility within the CRE industry
- Leadership skills and experience that benefit you and your company
- Impact on the future of women in CRE
- Expanded professional connections
- Opportunity to influence direction and benefits of WCREW membership
- Board service for Directors is a three-year term. A Director may serve more than one term, but not more than 6 consecutive years. The term for Officers is two years; the term for President and President Elect is three years (a year as President Elect, President and Past President); the term for Co-Presidents is three years (a two-year term as Presidents and one year as past Presidents)
- Each Board member attends the monthly Board Meeting and the year-end Annual Meeting.
- Each Board member attends a minimum of 50% of the events scheduled throughout the calendar year.
- Each board member is a liaison to at least one Committee (Golf, Showcase, Programs, Membership, Sponsorship and Communications). These duties include attending occasional committee meetings, handling all communication between the Board and the Committee and assuring reports, documentation and objectives are executed as needed.
- Liaison and board member obligations may vary from time to time include phone calls, contact with potential speakers, prospective new members, sponsors, etc.
- Each Board member attends an annual strategic planning session - usually 3-4 hours.
- Each Board member will receive/send E-mail communications on issues that come up between Board meetings.
- All board members are encouraged to represent WCREW at local, regional and national events as a visible demonstration of their commitment to the organization.
- All Board members are asked to donate annually to the CREW Network Foundation supporting scholarships, industry research and career outreach within the CRE industry. The amount of contribution is determined by each individual Board member and should be no less than $25. Donations must be accomplished no later than March 1st of the year served.
- All Board members are asked to support all committees in reaching annual goals. This may include securing sponsorships, obtaining raffle items, providing referrals, new member efforts, and other requests as needed.
- Any full or affiliate member of WCREW in good standing may be nominated to serve on the board.
- Associate members of WCREW (those with less than five years of experience in real estate) are eligible to serve on the board if they have or are actively involved in leadership role as a chair or co-chair of a committee of WCREW.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities gained either in your career, other board service, or by working on a WCREW Committee
- A desire to create and establish new initiatives to grow the organization, keep it fresh and serve the needs of its members
- Understanding and support of WCREW’s mission, goals and objectives
- An ability to work well with others to achieve consensus and reach common goals