The COVID-19 pandemic, the subsequent economic crises, and the increased recognition of systemic racism have magnified the inequities in our country. Now, like never before, organizations, corporations, and communities are making commitments or renewing existing promises to advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI). WCREW acknowledges the need to increase our intentionality in this space and will be offering opportunities to challenge ourselves; while learning, growing, and acting together; throughout our program year. Our first opportunity will occur on Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM, facilitated by Ashley Hines, owner of Thee Tailored Life, LLC. More information on the session and registration are below.
Unconscious Bias: From Awareness to Action
During this experience, we will:
- Discuss the case for equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
- Review definitions of bias and unconscious bias and explore a few types
- Identify ways to act and mitigate the impact of our unconscious biases
Early Bird Registration (April 13 – April 23): $10 members/$20 non-members
After April 23: $15 members/$25 non-members
- Join by computer or dial in by phone!
- Your link and dial in number to join the WCREW the Unconscious Bias: From Awareness to Action virtual event will be emailed to you after registration.
- To ensure you can access the virtual event, we encourage all participants to download zoom software and test it out in advance of the event.